At Viviad, we aim for our expert mediation service and its pricing structure to be as transparent as possible.
We operate a simple pricing structure based directly on the value of your dispute. To calculate the value of your dispute simply add the value of the sum claimed by one party to the value of the party’s counterclaim.
Our first level service for mediation of disputes of up to £75,000 attracts the lowest fixed fee. We also offer mediations for disputes of up to £200,000. For disputes above £200,000 and below £1,000,000 we charge a higher fixed fee, as we do for disputes between £1,000,000 and £2,000,000 and above.
Please see below a table for a 2-party mediation. For assignments out of the range below our team will be able to assist you with a tailored quote based on your specific requirements.
Our fees include:
- 4 hours of preparation work
- Confidential pre-mediation telephone call with the mediator
- An 8-hour mediation day
- Administration fees
Our fees do not include:
- Additional time spent by the mediator
- Travel and accommodation expenses incurred by the mediator
- The cost of the venue or any expenses charged by the venue
Our mediators will charge additional fees if:
- The mediator will need more than 4h of preparation time to review submissions and additional documents related to the dispute
- The mediator will need to spend more time than the allocated 8h on the mediation day
- The mediator will need additional time to help parties reach a settlement
- It takes unusually long to travel to and from the place where mediation will take place
Reasonable travel and accommodation expenses
Our fees include reasonable travelling time, but exclude reasonable travel and accommodation expenses incurred by the mediator. Should such expenses be necessary we will communicate with you before the mediation day. Travel and accommodation expenses are payable before the mediation day.
Venue and refreshments
Mediation can take place in your office, in the office of your representative, at a designated neutral venue or online. We can organise a suitable venue and all you need on the day, with any expenses relating to a venue or refreshments payable before the mediation day.